1932 A December winter gale brings the antenna wires down, putting the station off the air for a few hours. Staff consists of five operators, two on duty during the day and a lone operators during the other shifts.
1933 In April George Gilbert is busy installing the 1600 Watt transmitter.
1936 Modulated CW frequencies 405 & 500 kHz
1939 A November news item reports early planning to move from Gonzales Hill, Victoria out to a 10 acre plot in Gordon Head, Saanich, some 15 km northward. Gonzales area was getting built up and man made interference was degrading reception. Gordon Head area was then a rural area with little interference. A six room house is also included in the plans.
New CW transmitters include 2 kW and 1 kW. 200 Watt 3 channel crystal controlled CW/Phone short wave transmitter. Two steel self supporting towers are being erected. Vancouver Sun paper for November has a request for tenders to "erect a new wireless station".
1940 New station is operational in August using Marconi equipment. Five operators on staff. Meiss is OIC. Dismantling of the Gonzales Hill site is completed.
1952 Times item reports the Victoria station handles 60,000 words of paid traffic monthly. This would be messages to and from international and local shipping. Same article mentions the CW working frequency is 441 kHz, a bit of an odd number.
1965 Plans announced to move the station from Gordon Head.
1967 Station moves from Gordon Head to Sooke, approximately 40 km to the west. Moving was again necessitated by the expansion of Victoria's residential areas out into Gordon Head. Sooke's transmitter site was further west at Sheringham Point lightstation. 430kHz & 500kHz, VHF 16 & 26 1630/2182/2340 and a couple of 2mHz tug and fish boat frequencies. There was also a VHF lighthouse circuit.
1992 Station is closed at the end of March and operation is consolidated with the Marine Traffic and Communications Station at Patricia Bay (next to the Victoria Airport YYJ). During the move MF and HF frequencies are decommissioned.
1916 Station worked the SS Makura from Victoria to 1100 miles south of Honolulu. Some 3600 miles distant. This was a record for the Gonzales station.
1919 In the evening of May 14, Lieut. Robert Rideout took off from Willows Airdrome (about 5 kM north of the station) with a radio installed by Superintendent Haughton. Over Elk Lake (about 5 kM N of the airdrome) he communicated with Gonzales, signals were excellent both ways. This was the first air to ground two way communication on the Canadian west coast. Flight lasted a half hour.